Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Night

I started this blog for my Perspectives on Education class at Marist.  I hope you will join me through my journey in the class and throughout the remainder of my time with Marist.  Although I do not anticipate my time with Marist having an end date.

A little over a year ago I decided I wanted to go back to school.  I had  no idea where to begin.  I called two schools, Dutchess Community College and SUNY New Paltz.  I figured I would start my college career when I finished it last in 1995 (DCC).  I did not get far at SUNY & started thinking about other schools to contact.  I called Mt. St. Mary's & Marist. 

I will never forget the day I pulled onto Marist's campus.  I literally held my breathe when I saw the view as I meandered through campus & ended up lost down by the water rather than at Dyson Hall in Graduate & Adult Enrollment.  I called my advisor & said, I think I'm lost :)  He guided me not only to the office but through the process of becoming a student at Marist.  I really did not expect much after my first visit.  I was filled with excitement at the idea of attending Marist, however, I kept thinking, I'll never afford this.  Then I got that packet, you know, the thick acceptance packet.  I opened it, hands shaking & saw the folder that said congratulations!  I took pictures of the folder & letter.  To this day, I swear to you, I carry the letter inside my folder in my school bag.  Yes, I am serious.  It means more to me than I can describe. 

Over the course of the last year I have completed 6 classes at Marist.  I expect to graduate in 2012.  I am enrolled in the Integrative Studies program with concentrations in Pysc & Communications. 

Thanks for following my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment